Event Industry Consultancy
Who We Work With
Inflection Point Consulting works with a wide range of businesses as they seek to launch and scale their events.
Having successfully led teams through countless event development and investment cycles, purchased and integrated businesses, turned around struggling products, and seen off competitive threats, Inflection Point Consulting is able to bring fresh thinking that is backed up by experience.
Typical client profiles include:
Ambitious independent organisers seeking growth and earning quality improvements
Digital and print publishers looking to capitalise on, and de-risk an extension into live events
Organisers, including industry associations, with struggling events
Event organisers working towards product disposal, or business sale
Event technology, venue and service providers striving to better support modern event organisers
How We Work
Stage 1 - Analysis
Inflection Point Consulting supports events businesses like yours to build a culture of continual regeneration into their organisation and products, and in-turn grow their quality of earnings, market share and profit margin.
Working with you, your senior leadership and their teams, Inflection Point Consulting uncovers an accurate and robust picture of the financial performance, market dynamics, core metrics, and team capabilities effecting your business.
Rapid, diligent and critical examination of the following key areas supports this analysis:
- Current & future market trends
- Current & future competitors
- Market positioning
- Attendee, exhibitor & stakeholder needs Vs reality
- Financial and non-financial KPI performance
- Attendee and exhibitor Net Promotor Score improvement
- Staffing structure and performance
Stage 2 - Actions
Through thorough data interrogation, and by facilitating workshops for your leadership and event teams, Inflection Point Consulting will assist you in building the following planning and performance-monitoring tools:
- Exhibitor and visitor NPS development plan
- New exhibitor and visitor category development plans
- Detailed, robust and effective rebooking plans
- Sales, marketing, content, financial and operational briefs & milestones
- Event technology & data development plan
- Launch and geo-cloning opportunities
- Co-location and acquisition targets
- Business / event sale options
Stage 3 - Results
Inflection Point Consulting will then work with you to implement the strategy and drive forward your products and business.
It collaborates with your teams and senior leadership via workshops, 1:1 session and follow up meetings to embed the outputs and instill 100% clarity and drive to achieve vital strategic goals.
By adopting this rigorous and diligent approach, Inflection Point Consulting drives the following results:
- Cashflow and EBITDA improvements
- Exhibitor & visitor yield & volume development
- Increased key client retention and NPS
- Improved onsite rebooking and reduced drop out
- Improved conversion of pre-registered visitors
- Reduced marketing cost per customer
- Market share gains
- Higher business / business unit sale valuations
We Enjoy Working
What People Say
Sam is an essential guide on the scary exhibition trail. He’ll give you a vision, clarity, and the confidence that you will succeed. As a good guide, he’ll point out the pitfalls and stumbling blocks. Believe me – you don’t just want Sam on your side, you need him.
I was so pleased to find Sam and to work though an event idea which I was toying with for nearly a year, but progressing very slowly. Sam has amazing listening skills combined with experience that had the effect of giving me reassurance, focus and a can do attitude to delivering an event that had…
Working with Sam over the last 6 months has been extremely beneficial for both me and my employer. His knowledge and experience of the challenges faced by those working in the conference industry would be a valuable asset for any individual as well as their employer.