Who, what and why…
With a 20 year career, I have a depth of knowledge of the exhibition and conference market and its challenges, and breadth of experience in leading and developing teams to commercial success.
In that time markets, customer needs and staff motivations have changed, but never at the pace seen today.
These changes are placing huge pressure on businesses throughout the event industry as they find themselves caught in the cross-hairs of low customer retention, high staff-turnover, new competitors and not knowing where to turn.
This is why I took the leap, gained accreditation, and founded Inflection Point Coaching & Consulting.
As the world of business changes so quickly, I choose not to be another sage mentor simply passing on the benefit of my experience.
I choose instead to challenge and support you to discover how to best adapt to the challenges of modern business, and to create new approaches that turn these factors to your advantage.
I make investments in continuous learning and development from the best coach training practitioners in the market, to give my clients the best possible service.
To date this includes:
- Registered Corporate Coach Accreditation from The Worldwide Association of Business Coaches (training delivered by The Business Coaching Academy)
- Certified Coach Status (accredited by The Institute of Leadership & Management)
- Coaching Skills Certificate from The Academy of Executive Coaching (Accredited by the International Coaching Federation)
In addition to the coaching and consulting practice, I am fortunate to have been invited to contribute to, and help develop, the following event industry initiatives:
- EIB Talent Taskforce – detailed analysis into the commercial impact of recruitment, retention and development challenges within the UK event industry, on behalf of the Events Industry Board
- GLG council – Providing insight and guidance to financial institutions around the world into trends and future prospects of the global events industry
- Guest speaker at UK industry events including Confex and EventLab, and regular contributor to media titles including TSNN, Exhibition News, Conference News and Exhibition World (see blog for highlights)
Prior to establishing Inflection Point, my experience spanned the launch, acquisition, and integration of businesses in the events industry into and on behalf of Clarion Events.
In that time I was responsible for the management and transformation of major business units both in the UK and overseas. Having started out as a sales executive in the early 2000’s, I know what it is to work on the coal face interacting directly with customers and consumers.
With a career that has built over time from sales leadership, to show directing and ultimately to divisional management, I have gathered a wealth of experience in leading large cross-functional teams; from operations to marketing, production, HR and sales.
My style is open, collaborative, future-thinking, and challenging. If you choose to work with me, as an individual or a company, you can expect me to be clear and honest with you, and not to pull my punches where I see opportunities for development.
However, this all ultimately comes from you or your business – my role is not to tell you what to do, but to help you see the barriers you face or create and how to knock them down with my support and counsel.
You know yourself and your business best, but like countless others you may be unable to see the wood for the trees, and be in need of that independent support and challenge to be the best you can be.
We Enjoy Working
What People Say
Our investment with Inflection Point paid off at the first event we ran, with new sales techniques leading straight to a big increase in onsite rebooking. The training programs are engaging, systematic, and make a real difference – I have no hesitation in recommending them.
Working with Inflection Point to drive our exhibitor rebooking and retention was a great success for Future:PropTech. The project was thorough and easy for us to implement, and gave us a great platform to expand to a 2 day event. Anyone wanting to boost their results should get in touch!
Sam is an essential guide on the scary exhibition trail. He’ll give you a vision, clarity, and the confidence that you will succeed. As a good guide, he’ll point out the pitfalls and stumbling blocks. Believe me – you don’t just want Sam on your side, you need him.